Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bakery blitz.

Every Saturday My mom and I go to one of our favorite places. The Italian bakery in town, it is run by my moms friend. Every weekend we go down early and pick out the best looking treats, they always change menu. this week we chose the carrot cake and coconut bar, my favorite was the solitaire cake. It's kind of spongy with super dark and rich chocolate and curly white chocolate to top it off!
 we usually buy pastries by the slice, but last week we bought an entire almond cake. It was gone within the day ;)
I love having Saturday routines. Sometimes if we leave early enough we also go to winners or the toy stores and pick up a little treat for myself.Then we arrive just in time to catch an episode of "adventure time" while eating a sweet treat. ^.o 
Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Yummmm .. sounds great .. it must have tasted great .. mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun and tasty tradition, Lanie! Now I kind of wish I was back home in Paris, eating a brîoche in the pâtisserie nearest my family's apartment! Something sweet sounds so good right about now.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete