Tuesday, April 10, 2012

travel post!: England

It was very hard saying good-bye to Lanie and all my friends, not to mention my farm. I am such a country girl; I don’t know how I’ll react once I’m in such a big place like London. I hope I don’t get lost or overwhelmed or so jet lagged that I can’t get up, I’ve never had/ experienced jet lag ^.0 keep you posted.

So I wasn't able to post the first day we arrived because the laptop died and our hotel in London: A) Charged almost $20 for Internet and B) the plugs didn't work in my room (we did have one of those electric power plug in converters though).

So anyways we woke up 3 HOURS EARLY, to get to the flight. T.T It was long and fairly boring but we made it, while on the ferry boat I went exploring the top decks, it’s my favorite part of the whole ship. I love feeling the wind in my hair and breathing the fresh air.
The airport was very boring, I bought a strawberry Moshi find it book, it was very cute and kept me entertained for about an  hour after we went through security. While waiting for the plane I ran back and forth between the flat moving walk-ways, it was all fun until I noticed the rails were making my shirt sooty: P. I fell asleep for most of the plane ride, or read my book for English class. When we got our bags from the air port we hopped on a very busy tram way, It was above ground so I got to see some great views.
This is the view from my hotel room. I was surprised by how quiet it was at night, much more than Vancouver, I slept like a baby ;)
We took a well needed rest and took a stroll around the area; we ended up going to a wonderful East Indian pub for an early dinner. We spent the next day shopping, walking ,browsing and went to the National (art museum). My daddy took us on a wild goose chase finding his old favorite pub. My parents hadn’t been to England in many years. . .It took us at least 2 hours on foot to find it but was a fun adventure. ;)
The next day (April 6th)
We went to the Victoria and Albert museum, it was INCREDIBLE!!! It was so huge that it would have taken me a week to go through and look and read about everything, interesting at least, XD. They had a spider silk exhibit on. They had a robe and blanket on display, this is the natural colour of spider silk, a beautiful golden yellow. Bye for now J
April 10th Tuesday
The last few days have been driving and viewing little things here and there.  Yesterday while in Beaulieu we stopped in at the car museum. They had a special James bond exhibit on, it was spectacular! They showcased 50 of the cars used in the movies; it was the 50th anniversary of James bond. My favorite thing was how they displayed the invisible car. You could only see it when a certain light shine on it, otherwise it would be invisible ;P



P my favorite car was just beside the last I mentioned, the Jaguar XKR convertible It’s a villains car but I love it!

We checked in a B&B with a lovely garden just outside the front door. Last night it raine and washed away the overcast and today is nice and sunny and warm, with a cold breeze.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having tons of fun already .. keep enjoying yourself and we will watch for more fun from you ..

    ReplyDelete