Friday, May 24, 2013

Panama! part 1


Hey everyone, Happy to start blogging! Our travelling began around 3:00pm on March 24th and caught a ferry to the mainland. We visited with one of my cousins for dinner at a Japanese restaurant. We stayed in a hotel that was in the airport, which looked empty and huge without all the people in it. Our flight was early in the morning. my family and myself arrived in Panama city march 25, we checked into hotel el Panama midday. We wandered around the city for an hour or so but it was so hot I don’t think we got that far. I was very tired from travelling that day, with 2 plane rides and several hours waiting in airports. I was very grateful for the air conditioned room I got to sleep in. We had dinner then crashed.
We had the next day to wonder the city, We found the weather very warm and rather humid, it wasn't unbearable though. We arrived in the airport late afternoon, took a plane ride to Bocas del toro, then a boat to red frog beach, we had time to eat and crash. our bungalow was AMAZING, I got the top bunk too!

Panama day 3
We hung out on the beach and I explored the area. The water was perfect, it wasn't like a bath as I have heard of places like hawaii but it was cool enough to be refreshing and perfect for the weather, you have to be very careful to wear lots of sunscreen as the sun us VERY strong, I got a burn when I forgot one day, I was even sitting in semi shade. the sand is very good for making castles and such, they hold pretty well.

 We also took a boat back to Bocas to do some shopping. A sweet old lady gave me a  little frog and turtle carving as gifts. The red frog is my favorite! We moved into a tentalow to sleep in this night. It is a large platform with a canopy over it basically. It reminds me of the house Tarzan was found in as a baby.  I really enjoyed playing with my little toys here on the deck of the tentalow. The tent was suspended pretty high off the ground and underneath were HUGE land crabs that hid in holes and burrows when they sensed your footsteps. I really like them, the ones I saw were light blue and I think I saw an almost purple one too!
Panama day 4
More exploration! The gardens here are to die for. There are hummingbirds and frogs and geckos galore! The whole site is on 2 acres of gardens, trees and trails entwining themselves through a Jungle labyrinth.  There are many small bridges to cross and paths to explore!  
It was raining on and off this day, I managed to sneak some great beach time in before it started to pour. the sun seemed perfect. A few times there were couples of horses riding past on a gallop, it was mesmerizing to watch and time stopped,in my eyes at least ^u^
When it did rain our bungalow turned into a cabin lost within the rain forests walls, ginormous rain drops filled crevices and pot holes in the ground turning them into small ponds >u<

No comments:

Post a Comment